The Old Barrel Store is a genuine piece of local history. The brewery was founded in 1673 and registered as a private company in 1947. Early labels are styled Cobb & Co. Brewers, Wine & Spirit Merchants, Margate. Before 1947 the style became Cobb & Co, Brewers, Margate and from 1947, Cobb & Co. (Brewers) Ltd. Whitbread acquired the company early in 1968 and closed the brewery later that year.
Our house was built around 1800 as part of the Cobb Brewery to store barrels of beer. Now, complete with beams scavenged from old ships, the Old Barrel Store combines the perks of a boutique property with the privacy and independence of a family friendly cottage.